BoF(s) at Akademy?

Carl Symons carlsymons at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 15:38:24 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 8:23 AM, Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday 06 June 2012, Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> should we do (one or more) BoF(s) at Akademy? I think this would make a lot
>> of sense especially since there we can get other Developers involved in
>> Plasma Active. If we agree to do one or more BoF(s), then maybe we should
>> register them as long as there are lots of free slots to choose from. I
>> can do that if you wish, as soon as I know how many and when would be best
>> (depending on your availability). So what do you guys think?
>
> the original plan was taking an hacking room for that, and for the week.
> I tought this was going forward since was announced on the dot as well....
> any update on this?
>
> --
> Marco Martin

There is a hacking room available each day. It's open to everyone, not
designated for Plasma Active. All of the available rooms are accounted
for at http://community.kde.org/Akademy/2012 (Room 317 has 25 seats;
316 has 140). Makes sense to request full time hacking space right
now.

There won't be another announcement of this information on the Dot.
However there prolly will be an announcement when rooms are almost
full or for any other interesting news. I'm doing most of the Dot
articles, so if you have ideas, please tell me.

Doesn't have to be a BoF, could also be a workshop...maybe Creating
for the AppStoreApp. Could be interesting to have an App Startup
intensive. Not just development but what would sell. What users might
want. Getting in on the ground floor. Getting feedback from others in
the workshop. Individual projects; pulling together teams for larger
ones.

Carl