Weekly Mer based x86 Plasma Active Images

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Thu Jul 19 16:28:50 UTC 2012

Hi Maurice,
I'm glad that you're back in the game, even if only with restricted time :)

Now to anyone who might help here: There are several problems with the current
devel image (2012-07-17-11-09-basyskom-plasma-active-devel-mer-usb-live.iso):
- Connman (and ofono) are installed by default, preventing NetworkManager from
working. They have to be removed from the default installation
- Maliit doesn' work because gconf is not set correctly. The following values
need to be changed (just copied the commands needed to change them from one of
Marco's mails, this did the trick for me):
gconftool-2 --set "/maliit/onscreen/enabled" --type list --list-type=string
[active-keyboard.qml,en_us]
gconftool-2 --set "/maliit/onscreen/active" --type list --list-type=string
[active-keyboard.qml,en_us]
- Konsole is not installed by default. This is not good for a devel image ;)

I hope someone can fix these issues soon so we have a working devel image
again.

Cheers,
Thomas