update on active screen locker

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Jan 31 13:27:37 UTC 2012

On Tuesday, January 31, 2012 14:15:07 Marco Martin wrote:
> > i wasn't overly happy with the visuals. the shutdown label and slider
> > overlapped the vines on the top right. so i removed the vine. the lock
> > paper is therefore a little more  plain but it looks a lot nicer imho with
> > the new bits of chrome that are there. Marco: feel free to weigh in on
> > that decision.
>
> hm, maybe if new ui is going to be pulled in may make sense to have a
> flatter wallpaper, yeah.

it looks pretty nice with the one vine at the bottom imo.. let me know what
you think when you get a chance to see it all in action.

> I think the components sliders don't work so good here, since as widgets
> they indicate some control to set a value, like volume and so on.
> in tis caseis more a slide to unlock, so something like the old slide to
> switch activities would be better suited?

probably a lot nicer, yes :)

> > the other reason i'm not tooooo happy with the look is that i just used
> > the
> > regular sliders from Plasma components. that could certainly be better
> > imho. the sleep slider is full and the shutdown slider was empty in their
> > default states, which was odd, so i rotated (!) the shutdown slider.
>
> they have a bool inverted property for those things

that doesn't quite work as it just means it goes from left to right but the
coloured (filled) area is still not right. try it out to see what i mean :)

humru othro a kohnu se