update on active screen locker

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 13:15:07 UTC 2012

On Tuesday 31 January 2012, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> hi :)
>
> on the airplane back home today, i finished up the integration of sleep and
> shutdown controls into the lock screen. it works rather nicely imho ...
>
> as promised, when first locked a countdown begins (~5 seconds long) after
> which the device is put to sleep. touching the slider during the countdown
> cancels the the sleep.

rocking ;)

> that's the good news. now some implementation notes:
>
> i wasn't overly happy with the visuals. the shutdown label and slider
> overlapped the vines on the top right. so i removed the vine. the lock
> paper is therefore a little more  plain but it looks a lot nicer imho with
> the new bits of chrome that are there. Marco: feel free to weigh in on
> that decision.

hm, maybe if new ui is going to be pulled in may make sense to have a flatter
wallpaper, yeah.

I think the components sliders don't work so good here, since as widgets they
indicate some control to set a value, like volume and so on.
in tis caseis more a slide to unlock, so something like the old slide to
switch activities would be better suited?

> the other reason i'm not tooooo happy with the look is that i just used the
> regular sliders from Plasma components. that could certainly be better
> imho. the sleep slider is full and the shutdown slider was empty in their
> default states, which was odd, so i rotated (!) the shutdown slider.

they have a bool inverted property for those things