Documenting how to write a device shell

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 11:46:58 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I was trying to clean up a bit the code of the qml package that creates the
tablet shell.
I noticed that if we want for others to be able to easily write shells for
handhelds, set-top-boxes or giant robots (hint: we can't do all of this by
ourselves ;), a good how to documentation is needed.

I started a page here (linked from the development section of the active wiki
page):
http://community.kde.org/Plasma/Active/DeviceShell

please give feedback on what you would like to know if starting to diving into
that ;)

by reviewing stuff, i'm also gathering bits of the device shell api that could
be modified/simplified, in the end the final api/procedure will be there.

also, perennial question of any given new wiki page: community or techbase? :p
(this would be more on the technical documentation/howto side...)