Encryption stuff in need of solutions

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 13:24:43 UTC 2012

On Tuesday 24 January 2012, Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
> >Now that we are talking about passwords I realised that there is no
>
> simple way to change activities' passwords or recover them. We still can
> switch encryption off and >then on in order to change the password, but
> for now to save the changes the user must click on the "Save changes"
> button, which closes the configuration dialog. I >think switching
> encryption on and off should be immediate (not requiring click on the
> "Save changes" button)
>
> You just spotted a big inconsistency here: We want instant apply for
> settings dialogs, yet we have classic "Save changes" in Activity
> configuration. This does not really make sense.
> However we should not have private yes/no apply instantly but none of the
> other changes.
> So I hereby strongly suggest to have all changes to activity settings
> apply instantly and only have a "close" button on the dialog.
> Comments? Would we run into some trouble with that?

i don't see much problems in that per se, apart becoming a bit more
computational intense.
however it would pose a bit more problems in the add resources ui if we would
keep consistent that one too, since there it would get a lot more intensive
and would be quite impractical to remove one by one the things that have been
added by mistake.
maybe is acceptable, but not so sure