Task Proposal: eBook Reader

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Jan 20 14:09:39 UTC 2012

On Friday, January 20, 2012 13:41:42 Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
> And that's absolutely okay. However, as I already mentioned, we have to
> get rid of the top bar that would then be on the side, because that would
> look bad and would be pretty useless.

this opens up a can of worms (such as requiring a kwin whitelist, adding more
chrome for full-screening, ...).

i just want to create a QML front end for Okular. nothing more. it's already a
big task. once we have that, THEN we can look at what's next.

we should not be trying to figure out every possible awesome thing that could
be done, but defining what is needed to get us one iteration forward.

in this case that means fitting a nice QML UI on okular.
then we can look at shell integration issues.
then we can look at the education (and other) usage patterns.

iterate, iterate, iterate.

humru othro a kohnu se