Task Proposal: base system working Mer setup

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 10:59:28 UTC 2012

On Friday 20 January 2012, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Friday, January 20, 2012 11:02:46 Marco Martin wrote:
> > * missing qtmediakit, qml connman bindings
>
> it would be fantastic if we could get networkmanager on Mer and dump
> connman altogether. i don't know who will be using / maintaining connman
> going forward, so ....

yes, i think is the more future proof thing as well.
even tough in this case i would really love to see a qml port (the current one
even uses qwidget dialogs for some things)

connman shouldn't be treated too much for the immediate future since is part
of the partial sdk that tizen released right now but we have to maintain
anyways the qml bindings and given their track of record i wonder how many
months the successor of tizen is away :p

just to keep in mind that having networkmanager ported wouldn't be the end of
the job but would be start of a longer term plan to have a new ui