Task Proposal: Plasma Media Center

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Jan 20 09:36:37 UTC 2012

On Thursday, January 19, 2012 23:44:18 Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
> Hmm... what about Bangarang? Do we need two applications for media playing
> or has PMC significant advantages over Bangarang?

too early to tell as we can't compare them side by side. let both approaches
develop with the enthusiasm and efforts of those working on them. they are
substantially different projects with considerable effort put into both already,
so let's see how they end up performing (both in terms of programmatic
performance as well as user satisfaction) on target devices at the end of the
day.

those who are familiar with the history of KDE will know that this is the same
method we used that led to K3B :)

humru othro a kohnu se