Task Proposal: Centralized account management

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Jan 20 09:27:40 UTC 2012

On Friday, January 20, 2012 10:03:51 Alex Fiestas wrote:
> Knowing that this task is Active focused I'd ask only one thing, please do
> this in a way that can be reusable by the desktop and extensible so we can
> accomodate more things than just auth information.

this is an unecessary request. our history shows we tend to develop tihs way
already.

> For ages I have been willing to do something like Lion "Internet accounts"

well, here's the thing: we need code written, not willingness to do so :)

if you are writing the code, that is great: please let us know so we can
coordinate rather than duplicate efforts

otherwise, we need someone to step up and write an implementation. statements
of willingness without action tend to just ensure that nobody does it since
others will go do other things under the impression that the willing are
already engaging in that.

humru othro a kohnu se