UI security topic: UI for private activities

Lamarque V. Souza lamarque at kde.org
Tue Jan 17 16:37:38 UTC 2012

Em Tuesday 17 January 2012, Ivan Čukić escreveu:
> > In the scenario I described above asking for the password everytime the
> > user switches to a private activity does not secure anything. The user
> > is already in front of the tablet all the time, there is no need to ask
> > for the
>
> It is, because the user might forget that it is unlocked while working
> in a public activity, and give the device to somebody else or leave it
> on the table unlocked.

	That kind of user do not take security seriously enough to even create a
private activity. Locking the screen, and consequently closing all private
activities, is just one button press like I described. It can't be easier than
that. The activity will also be closed when the lock screen kicks in if you
leave the device on the table for a certain amount of time. If you prefer you
can add a shorter than the lock screen timeout for the private activities.

--
Lamarque V. Souza
KDE's Network Management maintainer