styled dialogs for pa

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 19:49:48 UTC 2012

On Monday 09 January 2012, Martin Gräßlin wrote:
> this could be done quite simple in KWin using the sliding popups effect.
> The only required change would be to darken the screen and closing the
> window during the animation if there is a click on the background.
> Everything rather easily doable :-) And yes from performance point of few
> it should be much easier as at least the transparency comes for free and
> is always using OpenGL.
>
> This reminds me to get the JavaScript bindings for effects in place as I
> would prefer to have the form factor specifications in different
> JavaScripts instead of C++ :-)

want to see how the current one performs on the device, would be possible to
be a bit more flexible in the behavior.

that said, i think there is a 99% chance it won't just be enough and kwin has
to be used.

so what would e needed is:
* is the current animation of slidingpopups ok? it would need to scroll from
the edge of the screen rather that appear from a certain point and be clipped,
not sure if it can already do that?

* dimmed background: this would be another effect? atm it can do that for
modal dialogs, not sure if this is what we need

* click background to dismiss: could this be done by kwin as well when clicked
in the darkened background?

anyways I think in the end i'll have to continue to use a crazy c++ wrapping
of the dialog qml component like now, to not bind in a public api things that
should really not be available to stuff like qml plasmoids ;)