kde-workspace/kwin-removeShaderSaturationCheck.diff

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Mon Jan 9 16:35:54 UTC 2012

On Monday 09 January 2012 15:53:04 Javier Llorente wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>
> I have updated kde-workspace to the latest master bits in the MeeGo OBS
> and I was wondering if kwin-removeShaderSaturationCheck.diff is needed
> (it doesn't apply cleanly) or if it has to be rediffed.
my recommendation is to rediff. The patch removes a code-path in the fragment
shader which is not used at all in PA (main usage in desktop e.g. Present
Windows) and which is known to cause severe performance issues on low end GPUs
(as old Intel) even if the specific path is not taken (GPUs cannot do
branches). So keep the patch.

For 4.9 we will try to get a better solution in KWin.
Cheers
Martin