Settings Human Interface Guidelines first draft online

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 22:15:22 UTC 2012

On Tuesday 03 January 2012, Martin Gräßlin wrote:

> For applications newly written for active this does not matter but would
> create inconsistency between the applications with some needing apply and
> others not.
>
> Personally I would just ignore the requirement to apply instantly due to
> additional development effort this would cause.

for instant apply i'm a bit on the fence.
i don't worry that much with consistency with the desktop apps, truth is that
sooner or lather a different ui is needed

ui wise, i rememebr that some years ago Celeste did some user tests about it,
but in the end disadvantages were more than advantages, don't remember exactly
unfortunately, i guess it had to do mostly with ease of undo