Repository structure

Lamarque V. Souza lamarque at kde.org
Mon Jan 2 16:33:07 UTC 2012

Em Monday 02 January 2012, Marco Martin escreveu:
> Hi all,
>
> in projects.kde.org at the moment we have some repositories, plasma-mobile,
> share-like-connect, contour that are spreaded around the playground area.
> I think that now the project is adult enough to go out of the playground
> and get serious :p
>
> i think it would make sense an Active toplevel category on projects.kde.org
> (like Calligra, extragear, KDE) and put those 3 repositories there.
>
> would make sense to rename plasma-mobile in plasma-device as well?

	Wouldn't it be the opposite? Rename plasma-device to plasma-mobile? The
repository and the rpm package are called plasma-mobile, I still do not get
why use plasma-device for the executable instead of plasma-mobile as well.

> what do you think? (and what is the procedure for this?)

	For the procedure: http://techbase.kde.org/Policies/SVN_Guidelines

	Usually Ben Cooksley is reponsable for moving projects from playground
to kdereview and from there to other categories. He's also responsable for
editing projects.kde.org, so I think he's the guy to look for to add a new top
level category in projects.kde.org.

--
Lamarque V. Souza
KDE's Network Management maintainer