Number Wheel HIG

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Mon Feb 20 13:21:43 UTC 2012

On 20.02.2012 10:56, Fania Bremmer wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> Thanks for your guidelines! Looks pretty neat

Hi Fania,
it's nice to read the positive feedback from you, Aaron and Marco

> I am currently thinking about not only giving a limitation to the highest range
> (< 100), but maybe also for the smallest range, like only 1,2 or 3 items. In
> that case I guess some spinbix, optimized for touch screen would suit better. A
> good reference for this input method is an article written by Luke Wroblewski
> differentiating the different input elements in a form:
> http://www.lukew.com/ff/entry.asp?1014
This would save vertical space, yes. I was not sure exactly what the lower limit
should be, though, so I went with five for now and will see if it works well with
five when I get my hands on a working version of the widget.

See the corresponding guideline here:
http://community.kde.org/Plasma/Active/Development/ActiveHIG/Widgets/NumberStepper
The Number Wheel guideline references it now.

Thanks for the input!

Thomas