problem with windowstrip

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 16:17:51 UTC 2012

On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 5:11 PM, Thomas Lübking
<thomas.luebking at gmail.com> wrote:
> Am 07.02.2012, 10:58 Uhr, schrieb Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com>:
>
>> Hi all,
>
> Hi, please clarify few things:
>

>> when it's docked to another window (and only in that case) selecting a
>> window breaks:
>
> define "docked" - window tabbing, quick tiling, general tiling or just
> randomly connected geometries?

TabBox::openEmbedded(WId), so that the tabbox appears is inside
another window (even if it's just syncyng the geometry with it to make
it appear so), this is used by palsma mobile

>> clicking on a thumbnail still raises the selected
>> window and gives the keyboard focus, but kwin still thinks that window
>> with focus is the old one (that keeps the focused window decoration),
>
> I read that this is a visual issue ONLY, ie. the window has and keeps a blue
> frame but functionally everything acts correctly?
> And not even activating and deactivating it otherwise helps?

keyboard input is ok, but looks like kwindowsystem::activewindow is
wrong (this called by any process)