plasma-active:plasma active tasks

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Sun Feb 5 15:32:21 UTC 2012

On Sunday 05 February 2012 14:38:31 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Sunday, February 5, 2012 20:26:59 you wrote:
> > I would like to do the eBook Reader task.
>
> Cool

Glad you are doing this!

> I was thinking of starting by prototyping the UI without the Okular
> integration at first to get the desired chrome in place, and then doing the
> Okular read integration after that. the idea behind that is to avoid either
> spending too much time adjusting the integration with Okular as the UI
> shifted, make it faster to get the desired touch-friendly UI defined and
> avoid being overly biased by what Okular does right now when working on the
> touch UI...

+1
I'd be glad to help with the UI design. I can either review mockups you come
up with or provide you with some designs up-front, whichever you prefer. This
is a pretty important application especially UX-wise, so you should not put
too much effort in coding before we agreed on the interaction design.

We can then also use parts of the UI as reference for the HIGs I am about to
write.

Cheers,
Thomas