plasma-active:plasma active tasks

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 13:44:50 UTC 2012

2012/2/5 Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org>:
> On Sunday, February 5, 2012 20:26:59 you wrote:
>> I would like to do the eBook Reader task.
>
> Cool
>
> I was thinking of starting by prototyping the UI without the Okular
> integration at first to get the desired chrome in place, and then doing the
> Okular read integration after that. the idea behind that is to avoid either
> spending too much time adjusting the integration with Okular as the UI
> shifted, make it faster to get the desired touch-friendly UI defined and avoid
> being overly biased by what Okular does right now when working on the touch
> UI...
>
> as soon as you have something started, you should get a KDE commit account so
> that you can work on this in KDE's git:
> http://techbase.kde.org/Contribute/Get_a_Contributor_Account

+1,

I must add, you may want to take a brief look at the sample active
application that are at the moment in the plasma-mobile repository and
try to make a new very basic one, then start to put a bit of chrome of
it (you can even try to do a first prototype that uses just a couple
of images instead of actual pages)

would be quite interesting for us as well, because we can notice where
the major difficulties in writing an active application are, and
document the process.