spark browser and im

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Sat Feb 4 10:13:24 UTC 2012

Hi Randolph,

Thanks for your suggestions.

The best to way reach us is to email the list active at kde.org, rather than
sending email to individuals. I'm taking the liberty to CC: this list.

> we develop the open source browser http://dooble.sf.net
> can you make it default for the spark tablet ?
>
> same for open source social network - Instant Messenger
>
> http://interface.sf.net
>
> ?
>
> Thanls for an evaluation and integration into the image and feedback

In Plasma Active, we are aiming for a high level of integration between Apps,
bookmarks in a shared store, common UI elements which are shared across
applications, visual and interaction consistency.

The apps you're listing good look in themselves, but I wonder how well this
integration would look -- there's not too much information on the sites you
list. Also, in how far are they designed for touch screen interaction? What
resolution / screens do they aim at? (Some widgets and hit areas look rather
too small for touch screen usage.)

We would be happy to work with you to help integrate your apps into Plasma
Active. While it is of course possible to run pretty much any app in Plasma
Active, we choose to only promote apps that integrate well as packaged and
shipped by default.

We've collected some pointers at
http://community.kde.org/Plasma/Active/Apps

Let us know what you think.