Plasma Active on Kubuntu

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Wed Feb 1 09:16:53 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
> On Tuesday, January 31, 2012 18:25:59 Florian
> =?ISO-8859-1?Q?M=E4der?= wrote:
> > is there a way to install Plasma Active as an alternative desktop
> > environment that can be selected from KDM?
>
> should be possible; will require a session .desktop file for kdm, but
> that's
> just one simple file (can copy one of the existing ones for plasma
> desktop or
> netbook and alter the exec line, for instance..). then you'll need
> the plasma
> active startkde script. from there, it's just a matter of building
> the plasma-
> mobile repository.
>
> i think it would be pretty neat to see a set of plasma-active
> packages for,
> e.g., opensuse that could be installed alongside desktop and netbook
> in this
> fashion.

I'm working on packaging for Fedora too, actually it's the main goal
of our KDE SIG FAD at Developer Conference in Brno [1] - anybody
from upstream interested to come (hint, hint, maybe I can still find
come budget ;-). Also we'd like to see standalone Fedora Active spin
preprepared to be just used on tablets (so it would match Mer+PA).

Currently it's block by some strange build issue in Koji, locally
builds well (share-like-connect package).

So it would be great if we could cooperate on this effort, any ideas
where to start?

R.