Plasma Active Infos

Bogdan Cristea cristeab at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 09:28:07 UTC 2012

On Wednesday 26 December 2012 23:23:39 Mathieu Calvo wrote:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Padways is a french company that develops ambient intelligence systems for
house livings and industry. These systems uses technologies as touchscreen,
nfc, sensors, actuators,...

We have designed our own hardware based on ARM core, we use Android OS most of
the time and also work on our own embedded linux kernel, from an Angstrom one.

But we just took knowledge of the Plasma Active project, we find that it looks
very fine and would like to know more about it, in order to use it as an
alternative of Android for our new customers.

Could you tell me if the kernel is an open source one so that we could
customize it for our hardware ? If yes do you provide the source for ARM based
devices, as BeagleBone for example ?

For Linux HMI programs we use Qt/C++ to develop them, I guess that this would
also be possible for applications of Plasma Active interfaces ?

I wish you good christmas holidays !
Hi

Not sure if anyone has answered to this thread. I am not very familiar with
the development around AP, you could have a look on AP site http://plasma-
active.org/. There are also a number of companies involved that also provide
periodic builds, so you might contact them for the available platforms.
For the GUI Qt/QML is the development framework, but QML seems to be the
preferred way to build GUIs. Please also follow the discussions on freenode
IRC channel (#active).

regards
--
Bogdan