Ann: PA Handbook in english

Sascha Manns Sascha.Manns at open-slx.de
Sun Dec 2 20:23:03 UTC 2012

Hi Anne-Marie,

Anne-Marie Mahfouf wrote at Sonntag, 2. Dezember 2012, 20:34:43:
> - I don't see the .docbook file in your repo, only the 2 pdf.
You can view it with the Webinterface there:
https://sourceforge.net/p/pactivehandbook/code/ In trunk you will find the
subfolders en and de.
After accessing an language folder you have three folders: bin, images and
xml. All files under xml which ends on *.xml are written in Docbook 4.5.

The used XSLT Stylesheets (for building the sources) are in another
repository.

> - how do you create the PDF from it?
I'm using for building PDF, EPUB and HTML the daps suite
(http://daps.sourceforge.net/).

> I think it will only succeed if it is in the KDE infrastructure: it should
> be in KDE git repo, in playground until it is mature enough to be moved to
> some other place and then to get translated by all translation teams
> (around 50 teams). For translations, KDE has a specific process to extract
> strings from .docbook and put them in a po file so that translators can
> translate using Lokalize and translation memory and such.
>
> You can leave the files in Sourceforge but I doubt many people will make the
> effort to improve/correct them.
Actually i had set up some nice tools in Sourceforge like Projectpage (for
Mainpage and hosting HTML version of the book), ticketsystem and mailing list.
Also i've written some scripts for automatically building and publishing the
book. So Sourceforge is for now the best solution.

Greetings
Sascha

--
Sincerly yours
Sascha Manns

open-slx GmbH, GF: Dr. Ing. Stefan Werden , HR: 25786, Ust-ID: DE267619018
Einsteinring 7, 90 453 Nuremberg / Germany