Plasma Active 3

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 17:37:45 UTC 2012

Hi all,
i would like to propose if other breakages don't surface again the release of
pa3 for week 36 or 37, so absolutely before 21 september.

on our side of software i consider it pretty much frozen, there won't be big
ui updates anyways, and i passed last weeks fixing issues.

so what weould be needed, from the technical side is:
* final status of our kde software, if calligra or kdepim people wants to have
a more recent version that what is packaged now, please build the new packages
asap.
* fork the project on obs that is currently devel into a fixed and stable
Active3 repository, that would basically be a snapshot of current devel, with
occasional bugfixes
* have the current or next Mer release as a fixed target where to build the
Active3 repo against, so there wouldn't be low level updates in a pa3
installation

on more pr side, announcement material:
* list of some features
* announcement and dot articles
* tons of screenshots
* video (can give a try, but i don't have cameras that shoot decent high res
video, so anybody with a decent camera is welcome to do so)
* update the plasma-active.org website: iirc Ivan had done a quite pretty
redesign a while ago.

* anything else? :)