Additions to KActivities API

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at kde.org
Tue Aug 28 19:31:49 UTC 2012

Hi,

The first thing I'm planning to add to the activities library* now
that we are starting to get applications that report events to kamd,
is the data model (QAbstractListModel) that will retrieve the
documents directly or indirectly related to activities and
applications.

As you probably know, kamd records access events for triples
(activity, application, resource).

>From my POV, the model should have the following filtering abilities:
 - resources for specific activity
 - resources documents for specific application
 - resources for specific pair (activity, application) **

Sorting could be:
 - by the calculated score (default)
 - recent documents
 - only linked documents (SLC, fileitem plugin, nao:isRelated)
 - something more?

Do we need the following in this model? (I don't really think we do)
 - activities for a document
 - activities for an application
 - applications for an activity ***

Cheerio,
Ivan

* after the currently-in-progress dealing with d-bus blocking
** this one can be used for the tasks applet - to show list of
documents when the user right-clicks an item.
*** if the launchers start reporting events (planned) to kamd,
applications will be treated as the resources for that case (triple
"krunner [opened] okular [in] blahblah activity"), so the above would
be covered by the above one for scoring and sorting of the
applications

--
While you were hanging yourself on someone else's words
Dying to believe in what you heard