Proposal: Plasma Active Three end of August

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Wed Aug 8 11:58:32 UTC 2012

Hey all,

It's been a while since we did our previous stable release (December). Since
we basically only had feature development on the fringes (apps), performance
and bugfix work on the core, and did not merge really big stuff into the core
yet (but have plans to!), we might want to release Plasma Active Three before
we do those merges.

The merges that are in the pipeline are Nepomuk2 ports of various components,
some moves of components from plasma-mobile/components/mobilecomponents into
kde-runtime.

What's needed for the release is:

(0) tarballs
(1) Mer image as reference implementation
(2) Announcement texts
(3) Screenshots
(4) Movie showing off current state-of-the-art

I can do (2) and (3), and possibly (4) (if I get my broken Archos tablet to
work, otherwise on wetab again). Any more takers? :)

Please add anything I'm forgetting and give feedback to the plan.
--
sebas