System Monitor on MeeGo Images?

Lamarque V. Souza Lamarque.Souza.ext at basyskom.com
Thu Apr 19 10:12:16 UTC 2012

Em Wednesday 18 April 2012, Lamarque V. Souza escreveu:
> Em Tuesday 10 April 2012, Thomas Pfeiffer escreveu:
> > Hi,
> > I'm not sure if it's only on the MeeGo images, but at least there the
> > System Monitor application seems to have been removed a few months ago.
> > I'm not sure why, since I think it's quite a useful application (for
> > those who don't want to use top) and it seemed to work fine while it was
> > still available.
> > So could we put it back in or was there a specific reason to remove it?
>
> 	Commit e93562f42e73d3d3a99d1d2dfb704645eb36b39b from kde-workspace
> disabled ksysguard for mobile profile, which is the one we use in Plasma
> Active. I do not know why it was removed and (strangely enough) ksysguardd
> (the daemon to monitor remote computers) is still compiled in mobile
> profile.
>
> 	I also want to re-enable ksysguard in Plasma Active if nobody has
> anything against it.

	Yesterday I built a custom kde-workspace package in my notebook with
ksysguard (the file name of the executable for "System Monitor") included and
it works in PA. I do not see anything really wrong with it except it uses
right button menus for some features and tooltips (needs mouse over events) to
show some information. The most important features are still usable with
touchscreen and since we do not have any other system monitor application I
think we should ship ksysguard until we find a more touchscreen-friendly one.

--
Lamarque V. Souza
http://www.basyskom.com/