Some user feedback (mostly about the PA browser)

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Tue Apr 17 12:57:55 UTC 2012

On 17.04.2012 14:42, Marco Martin wrote:

> probably just well hidden, one of the things that really has to be learned vs
> something that clutters the ui forever (like the top pulling panel)

I'm all for not cluttering, as long as users can still learn how to do things

> two finger gesture to select files, then drag and drop over the trashcan, the
> device icons or the tags

What about long-tap to select as on the Activity screen? That way both would be
consistent (Short tap to open, long tap to select). Plus, a two-finger gesture
would only work on multitouch-devices, right?
I'm still not totally happy with the long-tap on the Activity screen, but
anyways we should definitely make the two consistent. That way at least the user
has to find out only once and can transfer the knowledge to the other. We don't
want them to learn two unintuitive actions for the same thing in different places ;)
However, the user should not have to lift the finger between long-tapping to
select and actually dragging the resource. So it should be:
- Finger down
- Wait for the tapped resource to be highlighted
- Drag
The two-finger gesture is great for selecting multiple resources, but not for
selecting a single resources.

> but indeed needs a very recent devel image and is still in development, so
> only partly tested

Ok. Will have a look at it as soon as I get a devel image on my device again.