Updating Project:KDE:Trunk project on build.pub.meego.com

Lamarque V. Souza Lamarque.Souza.ext at basyskom.com
Tue Apr 17 11:32:49 UTC 2012

Em Tuesday 17 April 2012, Thomas Pfeiffer escreveu:
> On 17.04.2012 10:29, Maurice de la Ferte wrote:
> > Great thanks for testing this scenario and congratulations to find this
> > update issue. It would be very nice if you could also file a bug for
> > this.
>
> Thanks for not taking my little rant personally :) Sorry if my mail sounded
> harsh. Yes, filing a bug would have been better. I will do that now and
> next time I will do it before or directly after posting anything to the
> mailing list.

	Asking on the mailing list is not wrong either. Some bugs are present in
the testing images (and in the repositories used by zypper) but fixed in the
devel images. You should really search in bugs.kde.org if the bug is already
reported before filling a new one.

> If I receive advance notice (a few days should suffice) of a planned update
> of the repository, I'm willing to do an upgrade test from the stable
> image, if it's possible to do it using a live image instead of installing.
> I only have one device and I use it for testing the development status as
> well as for daily tasks, so I can't afford to completely reinstall
> regularly. But unless a reboot is required, updating on the live image and
> then just restarting X or plasma-device should work just fine.

	You will probably want to activate the swap partition before trying to
upgrade.

--
Lamarque V. Souza
http://www.basyskom.com/