eBook reader proposal

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Fri Apr 6 10:53:14 UTC 2012

On Thursday 05 April 2012 15:55:44 Bogdan Cristea wrote:

> This reminds me that the file browser used to open files is not very well
> designed, so it might be an ideea to load an external QML component which
> already allows to browse files (it would be great to be able to install some
> filters into that component in order to see only supported formats)

Definitely. We are going to create a general "Open Resource" (note: a Resource
does not necessarily have to be a file) component available to all applications
which uses Nepomuk instead of the folder structure to retrieve resources. We
need that anyway and the reader should of course use this. And of course we
will need resource type filters there as well.
The only open question is when somebody will have the time to design and
implement it. But we will have to find the time, so be assured that for our
next release that component will be there (maybe with your help? ;) ).