eBook reader proposal

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 14:51:33 UTC 2012

On Thursday 05 April 2012, Bogdan Cristea wrote:
> > so what may make sense is to take advantage of QML being able to show
> > pixmaps natively and expose just some QObject based classes which provide
> > the interface for fetching those pixmaps. this is what the current
> > QWidget basically does already, so the work to make this happen should
> > not be very big at all.
>
> Actually I think that we need to find a way to animate pages using QML,
> something similar already exists for viewing images.

depending on will end up being implemented it could be done in 3 distinct
ways:
* every page is a separate qml Item: they would be animated just like the
image viewer (inefficient?)
* the viewer is a single component (either a qml item or a qwidget that
exports properties to qml) dummy qml items would get the input and be
animated, then they would set something like a transition property to the
component, that would be how much to display of a page how much of the new
page, this property would be easy to animate
* the widget manages by itself completely both flicking, pinching and page
switch