Bangarang --touch packages in Balsam KDE:Active

Andrew Lake jamboarder at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 18:26:00 UTC 2011

On Wed, 28 Sep 2011 18:29:33 +0200,  Marco Martin wrote:
> thanks for the updates ;)
>
> generic idea about it...
> i see that a lot of the ui is around listviews, being the collection or the
> playlist..
> that would be probably quite easy to change to qml (well, depends a bit how
> the model is done but would be straightforward-ish)
> those listviews already appear quite custom, so should be easy keeping the
> appearance and behaviour the same on the desktop (with 2 different sets of qml
> files i guess, we have also components to do drag and drop now) while having a
> flickable friendly behavior on active

Yup, that's the next thing I'm hoping to take a stab at, unless there
are other low-hanging fruit that I get feedback on.

It is encouraging to hear that it shouldn't be too difficult. I'll
likely start with the NowPlayingView (the main view with big artwork
and rating display of the currently playing item). It is basically
just a listview with same kind of underlying model (MediaItemModel) as
the playlist and media lists - it just displays one item. :-)

I'll be sure to share updates as I go.  Thanks for the feedback!

peace and much respect,
Andrew