lockscreen and splash screen

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Tue Sep 27 16:12:18 UTC 2011

On Tuesday 27 September 2011 17:47:04 Marco Martin wrote:
> On Tuesday 27 September 2011, Marco Martin wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I finally made work out of the box the new qml splash screen and the lock
> > screen on the meego image, so here are some instructions, hoping it will be
> > easy enough to adapt it to the opensuse image as well.
>
> by the way, now everything stats unlocked (don't know what would exactly take
> to make it start locked, but unlocked is fine)
very simple, I have the code ready for kwin master (don't know whether I have pushed it). It adjusts startkde to trigger
that KWin starts locked. And it's just an variable which needs to be passed to startkde script. Unfortunately it disables the
login screen. That's something I want to look into for desktop, too as I think it's bad to be able to unlock KWin before
anything is actually started.

> when it should get locked?
> i guess when it comes out of sleep (as it was modified) makes sense, it should
> also have some kind of timeout, like old screensavers, how this can be done?
Just use it as a blank screensaver. It should trigger this screensaver (calling the dbus method lock() on
org.freedesktop.screensaver starts the lock), but I have not tested this yet (who needs screensavers?).

Cheers
Martin