simple license scan for plasma-mobile

Armijn Hemel armijn at gpl-violations.org
Sun Sep 25 22:45:06 UTC 2011

hola,

>> Sebas asked me if I could help out with a license scan of some of the
>> Plasma Active code. I quickly scanned some of the plasma-mobile stuff.
>>
>> I downloaded
>>
>> plasma-mobile_20110922042532_sha1-d5a2e48206689ac612af4c1735060d96852004bb.
>> tar.gz
> thanks dude, this help is really appreciated :D
Oh, believe me, when it comes to legal stuff this would be the *least*
of your problems. But it could still be a headache, so why not prevent it?
> I started to correct the share-like-conect to add "library" around. if the
> other copyright holders (Aaron, Sebas and Ivan) are ok, I'll push.
I saw a few other names in plasma-mobile as well, like Chani. I guess it
won't be a really big deal, it is just a clarification.
> this is an issue as you noted due to evil copy and paste, that is probably
> coming from the old gpl->lgpl switch of kdelibs. this issue seems to be
> definitely present in libplasma as well and many files of kdelibs ( luckily
> not all ;)
>
> so, i think we should raid and rename whole kdelibs :/

You mean fix it? Ideally, yes. It might also be good to bring it to the
attention of other developers (blog post?) so they can fix their code
and templates (interesting question: did this stuff ever end up in for
example templates in KDevelop?) so it won't happen (much) in the future.

armijn