Copy and Paste between Apps

Carl Symons carlsymons at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 16:55:11 UTC 2011

On Sun, Sep 25, 2011 at 6:06 AM, Thomas Pfeiffer <colomar at autistici.org> wrote:
> On Sunday 25 September 2011 13:49:44 Martin Gräßlin wrote:
>
>> It's probably too late for PA1, but I could imagine to have Klipper being
>> that part. It is already a button in the panel and would just need a touch
>> friendly UI to allow copy an item to the currently active UI element.
>>
>> I would not like to have a context menu as they are terrible on touch ;-)
>
> They are not very nice, that's true. On the other hand we already use them for
> resources on an activity, so our users have to be able to use them anyway.
> Plus, copy & paste is not really such a regular usecase for a mobile device.
>
> But using Klipper for this sounds like good idea to me as well, so I'm
> personally still undecided ;)

Every Android or iPad user I've seen in action uses C&P. One guy works
on servers and uses it a lot. Much easier and more accurate than
typing entire commands. Another person doing research copies web
snippets and pastes them into some text app.

The Plasma issue is complicated by not having multi-touch yet. Not
having a middle mouse button would be a drag.

Carl