strange freeze in active w/master kde-workspace

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 08:36:00 UTC 2011

On Thursday 15 September 2011, Thomas Lübking wrote:
> Am Thu, 15 Sep 2011 18:13:57 +0200
>
> schrieb Martin Gräßlin <mgraesslin at kde.org>:
> > do you have some more info about the state when you switch to a tty?
> > E.g. /var/log/Xorg.0.log, gdb on X or kwin, etc?
> > Is that on all hardware or just on some? Which driver, which X
> > version, what about kwin from 4.7?

kwin from 4.7 is fine

> On top of that: please esp. define "freeze":
> - does the mouse cursor still move?

have to check, since the mouse cursor is totaly hidden ;)

> - does shift+alt+f12 suspend compositing?

compositing doesn't work at all, there seems there is a version of mesa too
old on meego (7.9), so this happen without compositing

> - if not the latter: I understood you can "kwin --replace" while
>   the issue shows up (so eg. from VT1), yesno?

doesn't seem to be possible anymore to switch to the X vt after going to the
console, even if kwin gets killed

> - did you mean that only the autosta
> rted instance of kwin causes this
>   and not and never any of the latter replacing ones?

yes.

> Since i've a bad feeling about this (tm):
> is this commit in your version?
> https://projects.kde.org/projects/kde/kde-workspace/repository/revisions/56
> 2cabc9e76c8af356a68e91147934e80ae4e78b

yes this commit should be in