slightly modified keyboard layout including arrow keys.

Sune Vuorela Sune at vuorela.dk
Thu Sep 8 21:21:37 UTC 2011

On Thursday 08 September 2011 13:38:38 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Thursday, September 8, 2011 13:31:31 Sune Vuorela wrote:
> > I agree that it is a problem, but accepting duplicate keys for some
> > layouts,
>
> except that is looks unprofessional and sucks for usage. the logic of the
> keys is confusing, the ease of having like-keys together is lost .. so
> while it may be the easy solution, it isn't one we can should accept.

We are already at a state where most localized layouts show the same keys
twice. And maybe even the US layout. I've not changed anything related to the
count of [] on teh US layout.

If the US layout of the key right of the left key also is <>, then we can move
those away from the 123 key. The addition of : to a key, and backspace as
well, was because I at least didn't have them *anywhere*, and those keys
didn't have anything new on their 123 view.

> supporting localized layouts and switching between them when the localized
> keyboard changes is perhaps a good way forward?

> * allowing things like tablet-de.xml .. or having a mapping somewhere that
> maps "de", "ch", "fr", etc. to different layouts (to share xml layouts
> between similar-enough locales)

Creating these layouts is not a small task, and really not one I would like to
take up.

The changes I have proposed doesn't really *increase* the unproffesionalism of
what we already have, while it increases the usability a lot, and still
keeping the changes kind of small and managable.

/Sune
--
How to ping the attachment?

You neither should ever overclock the directory, nor can ping to the virus to
a monitor of a OpenGL software over a connector, so that you never have to
turn on a analogic SMTP secret password, so that from Photoshop 8000 and from
the file within AutoCAD you must load the SCSI system on a file for getting
access over a desktop of the tool.