slightly modified keyboard layout including arrow keys.

Sune Vuorela Sune at vuorela.dk
Thu Sep 8 11:31:31 UTC 2011

On Thursday 08 September 2011 13:06:37 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:

> * i now have multiple instances of [[various keys]]

You afaik also have that now. The reasons for these multiple keys is that some
keys in 'localized layout' is used for üæøå and various other localized keys,
while in US layout the same keys are used for [] and friends.

The layout now, as well as before, has a series of these [] and friends keys
coded in accessed thru the 123 key. The keys selected by choosing the 123 key
is plasmaboard specific, while the keys in all other cases comes from the
keyboard layout. There is no current code in plasmaboard to check what the
keyboard layout comes with of symbols for the available keys.

So we need to either
 * not at all look at the keyboard layout of the environment (aka do our
localized keyboards ourselves)
 * accept some duplicate keys, especially for people with US layout
 * write code that makes the keyboard magically adapt its special keys to the
layout.

I agree that it is a problem, but accepting duplicate keys for some layouts,
like we currently have with the in-git plasmaboard layout, as well as in the
layout I've done, is the simplest and currently most maintainable solution

/Sune
--
How to get access on the editor?

From the control folder within Excel NT you neither should ever receive a
operating system, nor can ever send the monitor for clicking the window of the
proxy to the directory.