getting images together for 1.0

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Fri Sep 2 11:23:10 UTC 2011

On Thursday, September 01, 2011 20:54:33 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > -Up to now, I do not understand the bookmarks system. There is an akonadi
> > ressource, but I do not find the bookmarks after I added one there
>
> there is a web dashboard; it used to be something you could add to the list
> of  home screens / activities, but when we simplified to just having
> Contour containments, this got obscured.

There's a bookmarks category now in the Contour "add stuff" panel, that should
explain how it works.

I don't get what Akonadi has to do with it though. If Akonadi has bookmarks
stuff as well, I don't think it's related. In the ideal case, Akonadi stores
bookmarks in Nepomuk as well, then we'd automatically have them in Contour.

> we have a plan for how to bring this back (as a sort of app in a window,
> and  also viewable from within the active browser) .. but for now it's a
> bit opaque, yes.

That would work as well, but feels like a separate application for launching a
webbrowser from bookmarks. Not overly elegant. :)
--
sebas