RFC: replace the current Contour Icon in the upper corner through a proper icon

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Oct 27 20:36:18 UTC 2011

On Thursday, October 27, 2011 21:17:08 Anton Kreuzkamp wrote:
> I must say, an activity-related icon would mean to me "Go to my Activity".
> But that's wrong.

conceptually there is no difference between "the current activity" and the
activity view. they are for all intents and purposes synonymous. trying to
draw a difference is to get lost in technical details that are probably
unceptualizable through normal usage.

> So, what the icon has to say is "Go to my Activity's
> Homescreen" and the best icon for it is imho the house-icon.

personally i'm fine wih a "home" icon, though it's a rather overloaded
metaphore by now.

from a design (as opposed to usability) perspective, it is very mundane and
takes away something of the "cool" factor by its mundanity.

but perhaps it will test very well with users. there's only one to tell, and
changing the icon is very simple. it's in:

plasma-mobile/qmlpackages/contour-tablet-
homescreen/contents/ui/SlidingDragButton.qml

humru othro a kohnu se