RFC: add Pictures to to wallpaper list

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 14:30:50 UTC 2011

On Thursday 27 October 2011, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Thursday, October 27, 2011 14:59:45 Fania Bremmer wrote:
> > - chunk them up in pages?
>
> yes
>
> > Could be still loading a lot of time....
>
> it should all be done "lazy" though, so only what is shown takes time.
>
> we'll face this issue all picture sorting/scanning applications, so we'll
> have to bite this bullet at some point anyways
>
> > - search for them? but my images mostly have some cryptic numbers like
> > IMG_021588...
>
> searching indeed has less use in this case, though i don't think there is
> much we can do for it.

or, we could do in another way:
basic list as now, with a button "Use own photo..."
that would open the infamous resource browser thing, so with search, filtering
and what not.
only difference with the add resource interface that besides supporting only
images it would support only selecting a single thumbnail, the click ok, or
something like that