widget style

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Mon Oct 24 09:34:39 UTC 2011

> > Something which strikes me again and again is the contrast in the
panel. I
> > think I'd much prefer a dark color to paint e.g. clock and the other
> > systray applets. Most tablet's screens are just too crappy for
> > high-fidelity graphics.
>
> not sure, probably would rather try black icons...
>
> this is an attempt:
> http://wstaw.org/m/2011/10/21/plasma-desktopmm3868.png
> compositing not available at the moment unfortunately, but even with
> composite
> on sticks a bit out quite badly , especially with the panel open (also
to do
> it really correctly it should need a kind of a "context" in the plasma
theme
> to have a different color scheme in that area, not 100% needed but
> definitely
> wanted i think)
> in the n9 those areas of inverted themes are used a lot, but i think
there
> they do work well for the smaller screen, wouldn't so much on a tablet
> sized
> screen
>
> buh, will try with something less black...

I'd still prefer the light background we had. And I think the systray
icons can
be seen pretty well with their thick lines, even on a Wetab. The lines in
the
clock's font much thinner though, so they cannot be seen well.
But maybe a different font might do the trick there as well.
White on black seems so ordinary in the mobile world...