widget style

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 19:18:02 UTC 2011

On Thursday 20 October 2011, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> On Tuesday, October 18, 2011 22:22:21 Marco Martin wrote:
> > opinions? ideas?
>
> I like the direction, would even prefer (unlike most others who chimed in)
> the rounded text input.
>
> Something which strikes me again and again is the contrast in the panel. I
> think I'd much prefer a dark color to paint e.g. clock and the other
> systray applets. Most tablet's screens are just too crappy for
> high-fidelity graphics.

not sure, probably would rather try black icons...

this is an attempt:
http://wstaw.org/m/2011/10/21/plasma-desktopmm3868.png
compositing not available at the moment unfortunately, but even with composite
on sticks a bit out quite badly , especially with the panel open (also to do
it really correctly it should need a kind of a "context" in the plasma theme
to have a different color scheme in that area, not 100% needed but definitely
wanted i think)
in the n9 those areas of inverted themes are used a lot, but i think there
they do work well for the smaller screen, wouldn't so much on a tablet sized
screen

buh, will try with something less black...