Recommendations workflow

Ivan Cukic ivan.cukic at kde.org
Sun Oct 16 07:35:15 UTC 2011

Carl wrote:
> Since the early days of your innovative and provocative ways of
> thinking of menus, it has been educational and insightful for me to

Thanks :) I'm a bit under the hood lately, so I don't get to discuss UI
stuff much.

> This issue definitely deserves thought. The normal workflow is
> habituated for most experienced computer users...users who understand
> applications, directories, file associations. Recommendations disrupt

There are quite a few questions that I think need testing and user (not
geek) questionnaires. (but without ending up with abominations like some
recent developments in the proprietary world)

> - Is he in "Ride the Bus" Activity with the browser already present?

The bus related recommendations wouldn't be tied to the current activity.
It is not very likely that you'd switch the activity on your device just
because you arrived at the bus station.

Fania wrote:
> we should optimize our proposed data with recommendations system wide.

Yes. We just need to devise a natural UI for something like that.

But, this is not sufficient as we will not be able to patch 3rd party
applications to show our recommendations.

Cheerio,
Ivan

--
Acting is merely the art of keeping a large group of people from coughing.
  -- Sir Ralph Richardson