Plasma Active on Mer

Maurice de la Ferte Maurice.Ferte at basyskom.de
Fri Oct 14 13:45:27 UTC 2011

Hi Martin,

On October 14, 2011 at 2:07 PM martin brook <martin.brook100 at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Maurice Hi,
>
> There is also other WIP (by Sage) to try and reduce the gap between Mer Core
> and Plasma Active (currently 161 packages) so this is probably what
> ultimately needs to be linked in and changes from that submitted to
> KDE;Devel.

Marko aka 'Sage' was already added to the maintainers :)

> What I was looking for was some Mer and Plasma Active guy(s) to cast their
> eyes over the log files to see if anything obvious jumps out as to the
> reason for the plasma-device crash.

In my opinion an discussion about is also running on #active channel.

Cheers

Maurice

> vgrade
>
> On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 10:52 AM, Maurice de la Ferte <
> Maurice.Ferte at basyskom.de> wrote:
>
> > Hi martin,
> >
> > congratulation to our newest plasma active platform! It might be a good
> > idea
> > to add those infos to the KDE wiki and submit changes to the
> > 'Project:KDE:Devel'
> > project. So we can add without overhead the Mer repos to the plasma active
> > development places on MeeGo. If some changes like e.g. different
> > dependencies
> > does not work in collaration with MeeGo, we can think about separate repo
> > related spec files. I already added you to the maintainers list of
> > 'Project:KDE:Devel'.
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Maurice
> >
> > On October 14, 2011 at 1:30 AM martin brook <
> > martin.brook100 at googlemail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Lists Hi,
> > >
> > > I've been doing some work to get Plasma Active from your Trunk:Testing
> > > project to build against Mer on COBS which I though may be of interest to
> > > people on the lists
> > >
> > > My Plasma branch is at
> > >
> > https://build.pub.meego.com/project/show?project=home%3Avgrade%3Abranches%3AProject%3AKDE%3ATrunk%3ATesting
> > >
> > > You can find an image for Exopc, kickstart, and various log files here
> > > http://bug10738.openaos.org/images/exopc/mer-plasma/
> > >
> > > http://bug10738.openaos.org/images/exopc/mer-plasma/xsession-errors
> > > http://bug10738.openaos.org/images/exopc/mer-plasma/messages
> > > http://bug10738.openaos.org/images/exopc/mer-plasma/Xorg.0.log
> > >
> > > The first run animated application runs with the swirling segments but as
> > > you will see from the logs the plasma-device seg faults.  If you leave
> > the
> > > device the screen saver shows up and you can unlock normally.
> > >
> > > Remember when analysing the logs Mer comprises of packages which were
> > pulled
> > > up from MeeGo.com:Trunk:Testing (I don't think Plasm Active is building
> > > against that on OBS at the moment) and that we have Qt 4.8 Beta in Mer.
> > >
> > > I would welcome a discussion on where we go from this point with regards
> > > getting plasma-active up.
> > >
> > > Regards
> > >
> > > vgrade

Maurice de la Ferté

basysKom GmbH
Südwestpark 108 | 90449 Nürnberg | Germany
Tel: +49 6151 3969-961 | Fax: -736
maurice.ferte at basyskom.de | www.basyskom.de

Handelsregister: Darmstadt HRB 9352
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Eva Brucherseifer