plasma-active.org website

Fania Bremmer fania.bremmer at basyskom.de
Fri Oct 7 10:41:08 UTC 2011

I made some adaptions on the current text, shortened it and I will put
the detailed version into the KDE wiki. See below.

Some more layout adaptions I propose:
- Make the logo a lot smaller: at least half size
- make the "ONE" sticker smaller: only a third of the current size
- make the white orange in front of the title smaller: half only
- the link color is pretty unreadable: how about a greyish color?
- legal: do we need that? what would be the content?

NEW TEXT:

[download] button: http://community.kde.org/Plasma/Active/Installation

<h2>What is Plasma Active?</h2>

Plasma Active is innovative technology for an intelligent user
experience (UX) that is based on the concept of activities. It is
intended for all types of tablets, smartphones and similar touch
computing devices. The goal for this open source project is to provide a
fast embedded UX platform with memory requirements, that is customizable
and modular to support different variations for different form factors.
A proven platform that attracts developers with easy app development and
easy creation of embedded images.

Plasma Active is an interface for people on the move. People engaged in
different activities in different places at different times of the day.
Its beautiful surface offers fresh design, completely rethought for the
best experience on modern ultraportables.

<h2> Concept</h2>old: why?

- <strong>Activities </strong> gather different content like apps,
widgets and contacts that belong together. You are planning a trip,
organising your work or getting entertained? Your mobile experience in
Plasma Active adapts to your life!
- Pull down the <strong>peek&launch</strong> bar to select applications
or switch between them. peek&launch is there when you need it. And out
of the way when you don't.
- <strong>Active Apps </strong> have been specially selected that work
well for mobile and touch. Getting things done is simple and quick.
- Many <strong>Plasma Widgets</strong> are available to accomplish small
tasks or to connect you with information and friends.
- <strong>Share-Like-Connect</strong> molds your computer to your
preferences. <strong>Connect</strong> a travel webpage to your Vacation
Activity or a calculator widget to Home Office. <strong>Share</strong>
photos with a friend or post them to your online photo account.
<strong>Like</strong> several documents that relate to a project so that
a search will find them quickly.

<h2>Get started now!</h2> old: check it out
Plasma Active is easy to install. Or you can test drive it from a USB
stick for example on a WeTab/ExoPC or ideapad. There are two available
images of Plasma Active: one MeeGo based (LINK) and one running on <a
href="http://download.open-slx.com/iso/11.4/plasma-active-one.iso">Balsam </a>.
You can find the software and installation instructions on the <a
href="http://community.kde.org/Plasma/Active/Installation">KDE Wiki</a>.
(LINK PDF reviewers Guide )

app developers: is fine, only remove the bullet points

about the project: maybe paste the current listing of the members...
well find out later, what is suitable here...

We are getting there :) (slooowly) Thanks Marco! I appreciate you
touching HTML :)