Release Checklist Plasma Active One

Carl Symons carlsymons at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 22:14:42 UTC 2011

On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 2:48 PM, Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday 05 October 2011, you wrote:
>>
>> Overall this works well. The full orange slice (I like it.) and the
>> partial slice logo with the app name is good.
>>
>> bottom text with pointers is a good approach...simple, sparse, leading
>> to more information for people who want it.
>>
>> The texture on the letters and logo doesn't make sense to me. Seems
>> like it should be clean, lightweight, in motion, modern. Letters
>
> well, the central point of all the design (starting from most of the plasma
> theme, even) was to me as much as possible organic and un-shiny (whatever it
> means, the most far as possible to the apple style, that is clean to the point
> to look like a swiss clinic)
>
> and yes, that texture is definitely too strong in that one, but was the
> central point of the whole design, roughness, heavy duty, outdoor ;)
>
> can be tried in a different style, but i think the whole page should look
> quite different in that case (definitely more whitish, but could decrease the
> overall contrast a bit much)
>
> Cheers,
> Marco Martin

I think that this is quite good. Those are just my thoughts on a
moment's notice. I have not given the whole look enough consideration
to offer more than an opinion.

I like the way that you've described the style. I especially like
personality and strength rather than sterility of Apple stuff. And I
still like the orange slice and the logo you made from it.

Carl