Release Checklist Plasma Active One

Carl Symons carlsymons at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 21:33:47 UTC 2011

On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 12:58 PM, Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday 04 October 2011, Fania Bremmer wrote:

>> > what's the status on that? is there some wip somewhere?
>> > it should be something really graphics oriented, last thing we want there
>> > is a wall of text, so is not exactly a trivial last minute thing ;)
>>
>> I have already a scribble and rough content concept.
>> I agree, it should be highly graphical and only essential text with
>> linkage to more content on our other websites/channels.
>>
>> As soon there is something to see, Ill send it around.
>
> btw the look i had in mind is something kinda that:
> http://wstaw.org/m/2011/10/05/plasma-desktopGA3963.png
>
> top a screenshot slideshow melted in some way with the logo
>
> bottom some points, not more that 4-6 with big icon and a title, pointing to
> some text in another page (would be things like download, videos, ui
> principles, whatever ;)
>
> --
> Marco Martin

Overall this works well. The full orange slice (I like it.) and the
partial slice logo with the app name is good.

bottom text with pointers is a good approach...simple, sparse, leading
to more information for people who want it.

The texture on the letters and logo doesn't make sense to me. Seems
like it should be clean, lightweight, in motion, modern. Letters
knocked out something with a motion blur. Cloud. The typeface is
already fluid. Maybe no extra decoration is needed. "Plasma" and
"Active" are also fluid.

Carl