Some of the things needed for 1.0

Shantanu Tushar Jha jhahoneyk at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 13:52:08 UTC 2011

Hi,

Here are some updates about Calligra Active (CA) from my end. Supporting PDF
is a long term goal for us, hence I don't see CA supporting PDFs with Active
1.0 release.

Also, with the latest version, CA can use the metadata engine from Active
and show a list of spreadsheets and presentations. Inside documents,
however, PDFs are listed as the version of Strigi (or something related)
treats ODT documents as "TextDocument" instead of the latest
"PaginatedTextDocument" (which also includes PDF), so I'm attempting to set
a mimetype search for text documents.

So, I don't recommend depending on CA for PDF as of now. For more info
http://community.kde.org/Calligra/Roadmaps/2.4/Roadmap

Cheers,

Shantanu Tushar    (UTC +0530)
http://www.shantanutushar.com