active boot time traces, some time later..

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 14:55:37 UTC 2011

On Wednesday 23 November 2011, Martin Gräßlin wrote:

> But I fear that the issue is that the Intel graphics are just not capable
> of doing OpenGL 2 decently. There is a reason why we default to OpenGL 1
> for Intel on the desktop... I know we have one slow code path in the
> fragment shader which doesn't matter on decent hardware, but might matter
> on not so good hardware. The slow code path is an if-statement in the
> fragment shader. Yes a simple branch which is evaluated to false most of
> the time.

little update on this:
i re enabled the effects in the packages and tried the showpaint effect: what
seems to happen is that on every frame of anything the whole screen gets
repainted, if i drag the panel, flick a list the whole screen flashes.
while this doesn't happen with xrender where it seems more conscious in its
updated areas